Identifies, acquires and grows new relationships with business customers within a defined market. Creates and develops a list of prospective clients through multiple sources including external referral sources, internal referrals from bank partners as well as self-acquired leads. Responsible for executing outbound calling efforts to gain and expand deposit relationships for the Bank. Executes daily prospecting and attends events both during and after business hours relating to business development. Participates in community events to increase the Bank's visibility and to enhance new business opportunities. Partners with other line of business specialists to cross sell appropriate business products and services. Works with Chief Operating Officer to develop sales strategy and leads marketing efforts in a defined territory. Consistently communicates with the Manager regarding product improvement recommendations, escalating customer concerns and business development issues. Responsible for reporting sales activity and outbound efforts to Chief Operating Officer.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A background in financial sales and business development for at least three to five years
- Bachelor's degree or a comparable level of experience and education is required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with very high expectations for quality of work
- Strong project management aptitude and a proven record of applying a strong work ethic to effectively multi-task and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to communicate and provide meaningful reports to all levels
- Ability to develop and execute presentations for relationship acquisitions
- High level of professionalism and well developed analytical skills
Apply for the Business Banker Position >
Commercial Loan Officer
Responsible for developing, originating and monitoring commercial loan relationships. Develops a loan portfolio with minimum risk to minimize delinquent accounts. Interviews loan applicants to determine credit needs and to collect and analyze financial and related information to determine the credit worthiness of the applicants and the merits of specific loan requests. Establishes and negotiates the terms under which credit will be extended; including repayment schedule and collateral requirements within current accepted guidelines. Monitors loan repayment activities and takes necessary actions to collect past due accounts. Manages day-to-day details for commercial relationships, maintains contact with customers and resolves issues. Analyzes financial data related to new and renewal commercial loan requests. Presents facts and offers recommendations to Senior Commercial Loan Officers and/or Chief Lending Officer concerning applicant’s credit worthiness. Prepares documentation and supporting information for credit decision recommendations. Follows up with customers to obtain all necessary information and clarification on financial analysis materials and resources. Participates in customer and prospect business calls with Senior Commercial Loan Officers. Achieves specific business development goals and makes referrals to other departments as appropriate. Participates in community events to increase the Bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
Commercial Loan Officer must possess the following experience and skills:
- Experience and knowledge of lending/loan orgination or three or more years of banking experience
- Degree in finance, accounting or other related business field, or a comparable level of experience and education
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to the Bank's privacy policies
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft software
- Ability to multi-task and produce results
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Business and financial acumen, including financial analysis skills and the ability to read tax statements and financial statements
- Ability to work effectively with employees and departments across the company to manage internal and external customer relationships
Candidates with commercial lending experience and contacts in Calvert, Prince George and Anne Arundel Counties are preferred.
Apply for the Commercial Loan Officer Position >
Assists Commercial Underwriters in evaluating the financial condition of individuals and businesses applying for credit with the Bank by ensuring that all information is available to adequately underwrite the credit, spreading financials, ordering appraisals and performing appraisal reviews.
- Performs all duties assigned by a supervisor relating to the department and its functions
- Pulls various information to populate the Loan Request Summary (LRS), including but not limited to deposits, credit report, total exposure, etc.
- Spreads multiple years of company financial statements using Sageworks Analyst
- Ensure all information is available to adequately underwrite the credit
- Determine Federal Home Loan Bank (FHLB) eligibility
- Order appraisals
- Perform appraisal reviews (residential and commercial)
- Completes required regulatory training assigned on or before the deadlines
- Completes and submits a performance self-evaluation form 30 days prior to service anniversary date each year
- Performs other duties as assigned to support department needs
- Degree in business, finance or accounting field or a comparable level of banking/finance related experience
- Self-starter with strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly outlook, Word and Excel
- An understanding of general accounting/finance concepts and be familiar with financial statements and tax returns
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to exercise professionalism, confidentiality and good judgment
Apply for the Credit Analyst Position >
Customer Service Specialist
Responsible for providing prompt, efficient, friendly customer service including, but not limited to, cash handling, daily balancing, account opening, account maintenance, processing negotiable items, scanning and batching documents. Follows established bank policies and procedures. Recognizes and identifies referral and cross selling opportunities with customers and non-customers and meets or exceeds established sales and referral goals.
- Banking experience preferred
- Ability to perform all teller and customer services duties
- Ability to exercise professionalism, confidentiality, accuracy, alertness, good judgment, courtesy, tact and patience
- Candidates must possess very strong customer service, time management and organizational skills, as well as effective written and oral communication skills
- This position requires a great deal of flexibility with scheduling to accommodate branch needs, often with little or no advance notice
Apply for the Customer Service Specialist Position >
Responsibilities include assisting with audit requests and audit workpapers, quarterly SEC reporting, call reporting, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) documentation and general ledger reconciliations. Reports directly to the Financial Analysis & Reporting Manager.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in the field of accounting or finance
- Aptitude with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Access and Excel. Use of Word and PowerPoint are also important
- Effective written and verbal communication with demonstarted ability to work independently, research complex accounting issues and produce deliverables accurately and on time
- Ability to exercise professionalism, confidentiality, accuracy, good judgement, courtesy, tact and patience, communicate effectively in both written and verbal correspondence, work independently with minimal supervision
- High level of motivation
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task. Preference will be given to candidates with a strong audit background, SEC financial reporting experience and knowledge of financial institution regulations.
Apply for the Reporting Accountant Position >
Senior Branch Operations Manager
Directs the growth and profitability of the branch in both commercial and consumer development. Consistently applies sales management practices and routines to ensure effective execution of the quarterly branch plan (i.e. sales meeting, coaching, recognition, etc.). Conducts relationship reviews and outbound customer visits to expand and retain commercial relationships. Leads by example to enhance the branch, ensuring the highest quality of customer service. Supervises the branch operations and oversees staff. Provides excellent service to all visitors to the branch, acknowledging customer needs and suggesting bank services as appropriate. Consistently communicates with the Branch Market Manager regarding procedural and product improvement recommendations, staffing issues, and escalating customer concerns.
Candidates must possess the following experience and skills:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of previous banking in a managerial position with an emphasis on branch operations - comparable work-related experience may be acceptable, depending upon experience
- Excellent human resource skills in dealing with employees
- Ability to perform all teller and customer services
- Exercise professionalism, confidentiality, accuracy, alertness, good judgment, courtesy, tact and patience
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications as well as Fiserv software and other banking specific software and hardware
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task effectively
- Exhibit very strong customer service skills
- Proven leadership, time management and organizational skills as well as effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines as determined by the supervisor
This position requires a great deal of flexibility with scheduling to accommodate branch needs, often with little or no advance notice.
Apply for the Senior Branch Operations Manager Position >
Undergraduate Summer Program
Community Bank of the Chesapeake's Summer Internship Program enables undergraduate students to explore career opportunities in various areas of our business to determine which ones may best fit their talents and interests. Summer interns at Community Bank will receive on the job training, coaching and feedback from experienced professionals while working alongside them to complete tasks and projects throughout the Summer. The program also provides excellent opportunities for participants to develop or expand their professional networks.
Opportunities may be available in the following business ares: operations, accounting/finances, lending, credit, human resources, marketing, information technology, commercial banking and sales. Successful candidates must be enrolled in a business related bachelor's degree program and possess the following:
Interested candidates should complete an online application and submit their resume with professional references by February 15, 2019.
- Academic strength demonstrated by a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Adaptability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong sense of accountability and professionalism
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Word and Excel
Resumes and applications will be reviewed and top candidates will be selected for interviews. The application and selection process is expected to be completed by the end of January and the Summer Program will begin in May 2019.
Successful candidates will be assigned to work in one or more business areas during the Summer Program. Summer opportunities in these areas are determined by business needs. Position location is tied to the business area.
Apply for the Undergraduate Summer Program Position >